Ricardo D Argence
When you are going to hire a hosting service to build your website for your small business then you need to know the basic things of web hosting. You are the best person to judge that what required features are and what about your budget.
Your hosting choice will ultimately depend on the level of scripting you need on your website. There are some who will need to use languages like PHP, MySQL, and of course Perl, and if you find yourself in this category then you might find that a Linux server is undoubtedly the best choice for you. ASP on the other hand is a Microsoft Exclusive, and as such must be used on a Windows operating system.
There may come a time in which you determine you need interactive features, and Windows certainly does a better job at these things than other operating systems. Just remember that certain technologies will require certain operating systems.
Advantages of Linux server hosting 1. Linux is an open source software product and thus it does not need the high licensing fees that other operating systems do; you can freely download and use it at no cost.
2. If your website is Linux based then it won’t take much to move it over to Windows if you so desire, and you can make modifications as your user base increases.
3. Because Linux is a free operating system it is much more economical. The only cost to you will typically be the cost of the disc it is burned on.
4. Linux is great if you are using several scripting languages. It is stable, it is reliable, and this is precisely what you need as a business.
5. There are quite a few databases that are designed for Linux hosting, though you could technically run them on a Windows server. Among these are mSQL, MySQU, and even PostgreSQL.
6. By lots of circles Linux hosting is supposed to be much securing than Windows hosting, and for that reason only Linux server hosting is also the more popular choice for web designers and programmers.
Advantages of Windows Hosting 1. .Net Technologies work best on Windows, which is to say that they only work on windows. Make sure you choose a Windows hosting plan if you are planning to use any of these technologies.
2. If you need an enterprise class database there are some different features that run on a Linux platform but if you need Microsoft’s MSSQL database, a Windows hosting plan will be your best choice.
3. If you want an Access database you will need to make sure you have a Windows Server. Access will not run on a Linux hosting plan. Keep in mind that there are many other types of databases out there, and you may not specifically need to use Access. This is always something to remember, though in the end the choice will be yours.
4. Microsoft Sharepoint services can only be used with Microsoft Operating systems.
In most cases, Linux server hosting plans amount to being 20% more economical than standard Windows Servers. If you don’t need an unique features, then Linux is without a doubt the best choice for your hosting needs.
When you need specific Microsoft technologies and protocols, you will certainly need to go with Windows, but for the small business owner, Linux hosting plans will certainly help out quite a bit when it comes to costs!
If you need hosting for your website, Alojate.com is the best web hosting company in Mexico, offering a range of services for all business needs. Dedicated servers, factura electronica, hosting & domain registration.
bit.ly Click on this link to get the best & Cheapest deal on Linux web hosting (as low as .95/m) Get a Domain FOR LIFE! and tons of bonuses Enter This Promo Code : 50OFF to activate this promo after you choose your free a domain name :)
Video Rating: 4 / 5
|View all items...||(Powered by: WP Amazon Ads)|