This series of three videos shows how to install Ubuntu Linux Server in VMWare Server, a free application for Windows (XP or Vista) that will allow you to run a full Linux operating system in a window on your desktop. These techniques are demonstrated on Windows but also generally apply to the VMWare Fusion for the Mac. Why do it? To experiment, to learn, and for instructional purposes. The video is divided into three sections due to length limitations; view all for the complete instructions. Ubuntu Linux Server version 8.04 is a free download at http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download. Total running time is about 27 minutes. To install Ubuntu Desktop, see the companion series Install Ubuntu Desktop in VMWare Server.
- Running Linux and FreeBSD on Windows Server Hyper-V: What You Need to Know
- Install Mac OS X in Virtual Box On a Linux host | Operating System
- Software Inc Gameplay Ep. 6 | Servers, SCM, and my Operating System (Let’s Play)
- Debian GNU/Linux 7.3 Install and overview | The Universal Operating System [HD]
- ldap server configuration in centos 6 step by step